One day I was shopping at Trader Joes (before this pandemic occurred) and spotted this Collagen Powder from Great Lakes Gelatin. I have been reading about the benefits of drinking collagen from the Internet and from my mom. My mom has always been into beauty and she actually boils her own to drink every week. I, on the other hand, do not have the patience for that. So instead of boiling, I bought.
The container that I purchased was a 7 ounce container for $9.99, that is about $1.43 per ounce. The container lasted me for about 2 to 3 weeks depending on how many scoops I used daily.
- Container comes with a convenient green scoop made out of plastic (only thumbs down I would give it).
- $1.43 per ounce.
- Used two to three scoops per night in my tea before I went to bed.
- Helped me fall asleep faster and slept better than I usually do. Other people have written it has given them extra energy so they drink it in the morning. I had the opposite effect.
- Started drinking this in February 2020.
Once the pandemic occurred I stopped going to Trader Joe’s because of the crowds (even before the pandemic) and the amount of employees that were getting sick. I wanted to continue using the collagen so I checked out Amazon. Reading the reviews, people cautioned to order directly from the site and not from Amazon. They felt the quality of the product was not the same from Amazon. Trusting other strangers on the web, I went to The Great Lakes Gelatin website and ordered one container to see for myself.
- 16 ounce container of Collagen Hydrolysate cost $24.99; $1.56 per ounce. Slightly more than Trader Joe’s.
- One container will last for more than a month using 2 to 3 scoops per day.
- My face has become smoother and dewy.
- My wrinkles have decreased.
- The aging process has slowed down.
Overall, I love this Collagen. It has not upset my stomach or has caused cramps or pains. I haven’t broken out due to it (only when I wear extra makeup, lol). I love how it makes my skin glow. For a first time customer, they even offer 20% off coupon code: just google coupon code.
Keep in mind this is NOT paid or sponsored by any means. I only write honest reviews about products I genuinely like and dislike. I will never sell myself for a buck.