If you are a parent that is focused on reading skills for your child, continue to read about this review to see if this book is beneficial in helping your child (or any child you may know) learn how to read.
While researching Amazon, I discovered “Phonics For Kindergarten” by “Home Work Books”. I wanted to give this company a try since I have been disappointed by other workbooks that I had purchased previously for my daughter.
- Cost: $3.49 on Amazon
- Age Range: Kindergarten to Grade 3
- Pages: 64
- 140 Gold Stickers
- Dimensions: 7″ x 9. 25″
- Includes Puzzles and Games to reinforce Phonic Skills
- Beginning consonant sounds
- Beginning short vowel sounds
- Beginning sight word recognition
- Letter Writing
- Middle Vowel Sounds
- Short Vowel Sounds
- If your child is starting to read, you will have to sit down with them to read the directions and help your child to reinforce the skills.
- I recommend completing two to four pages at a time to complete.
- There are a few pages where your child can practice their lower case writing skills.
- Child is able to practice circling or drawing an “X” on the item.
- Child practices listening to directions.
- There are sight words throughout the directions where your child can practice their reading skills.
- Overall: A+. I recommend pairing this up with another workbook to reinforce sounds and letter writing. It should not be a stand alone work book but an additional book to help reinforce skills.
Note: Links are provided through my Amazon List.