I love a quick and easy meal that has a lot of flavor with minimal work. I mean, who doesn’t? The Amazon meals tend to run me around 30 to 40 minutes because I extremely slow and precise and the last thing I want to do is make a mistake that could ruin the entire taste of the meal.
With the limited amount of ingredients, I figured this meal would be easy and quick to make but may lack in taste.
Basic Info about Amazon Boxes:
- Feeds two adults.
- All ingredients are included except the Olive Oil, Vegetable Oil, Salt and Pepper.
- Prices vary between $17 to $22
- Directions are included with picture of the final meal
- Some ingredients are already chopped for you but there are also other ingredients that need to be chopped or cut/sliced while something else is cooking. The ingredients that are usually pre sliced or chopped are onions (thank goodness!)
Now on to my review of the Pan-Roasted Za-Atar Chicken:
- Cost $17.99
- Net Weight of 2 pounds (0.91 kg)
- Lasts up to 2 to 3 days in the fridge before it expires. Expiration is always on the box. You could even make the meal after the date of expiration (maximum up to 2 days past).
- Made the dinner in about 30 minutes. I would even say less than the 30 minutes.
- I suggest making the dressing and sauté the vegetables immediately. Leave the arugula until you are ready to serve.
- The couscous was a bit watery so I suggest the flame be lower to its lowest. It may take more than 6 minutes to cook. I suggest one additional minute. In order to reduce the water amount, I even suggest not rinsing it under cold water but leave it on the stove to cool off while you cook the chicken.
- The recipe called for you to fry each side of the chicken for one minute each. I suggest to add an additional minute because I had to bake the chicken for an additional 7 minutes in the oven in order for the pieces to not be raw.
- I also suggest you purchase one additional chicken breast because you only received two pieces (0.63 pounds total).
- Scale of 1 to 10 for a Meal regarding taste: 8; with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest.
- Scale of 1 to 10 for an Amazon Meal Kit regarding taste: 8. I’ve had better pasta meals from Amazon.
- Scale of 1 to 10 on level of difficulty: 2; 1 being the easiest and 10 being the most difficult. Quick and easy to make.
Results: This recipe was super quick and easy. It also delivered in taste. I was actually surprised by how tasty it was due to the length of time it took. I would purchase this again.