I love to eat seafood but not a big fan of paella. Have never really enjoyed it too much but I decided to give it a try anyway. Because it was only about $20 and it seemed like it could taste good, right?
Basic Info about Amazon Boxes:
- Feeds two adults.
- All ingredients are included except the Olive Oil, Vegetable Oil, Salt and Pepper.
- Prices vary between $17 to $22
- Directions are included with picture of the final meal
- Some ingredients are already chopped for you but there are also other ingredients that need to be chopped or cut/sliced while something else is cooking. The ingredients that are usually pre sliced or chopped are onions (thank goodness!)
Now on to my review of the Chicken & Shrimp Paella (with Green Olive – Tomato Salad):
- Cost $19.99
- Net Weight of 2 pounds 8 ounces (1.13 kg)
- Lasts up to 2 to 3 days in the fridge before it expires. Expiration is always on the box.
- Made the dinner in about 30 minutes, plus or minus 5 minutes.
- 6 ounces of chicken was provided. I felt it wasn’t enough chicken so I would an additional 2 to 3 ounces.
- The tomatoes that were provided were too ripe and much too soft.
- Not enough parsley so I recommend buying extra.
- Didn’t think there would be enough arborio rice but in the end it was enough (even for a little bit of leftover).
- Scale of 1 to 10 for a Meal regarding taste: 8; with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest.
- Scale of 1 to 10 for an Amazon Meal Kit regarding taste: 8. To be honest with you, this was pretty delicious. I went back today to purchase two new boxes and I saw the Paella meal was sold out.
- Scale of 1 to 10 on level of difficulty: 2; 1 being the easiest and 10 being the most difficult. Quick and easy to make.
I would purchase this again but I would skip the Green Olive – Tomato Salad. Maybe it was due to the tomatoes being too soft and I suggest slicing the olives in half or in quarters to eat easier. Other than that, the meal was pretty simple and easy to replicate even without the kit.