I’ve never been into sandwiches and I would avoid them like the plague. I have no idea why I never liked them I just prefer eating food with a fork, knife and/or spoon. However, I really wanted to give Amazon a chance on their Chicken and Gravy Sandwich a chance.
Basic Info about Amazon Boxes:
- Feeds two adults.
- All ingredients are included except the Olive Oil, Vegetable Oil, Salt and Pepper.
- Prices vary between $17 to $22
- Directions are included with picture of the final meal
- Most ingredients are already chopped for you but there are some ingredients that need to be chopped or cut/sliced while something else is cooking.
Now on to my review of the Chicken & Gravy Sandwich:
- Cost $17.99
- Net Weight of 2 pounds 7 ounces (1.11 kg)
- Net Weight of Chicken: 0.63 pounds
- Lasts up to 2 to 3 days in the fridge before it expires. Expiration is always on the box.
- Made the dinner between 30 to 45 minutes.
- Roast the Brussel Sprouts according to the recipe: 17 minutes. They turn out nice and crispy. Be sure you slice them into quarters and do NOT keep them whole.
- Cook the potatoes for 7 minutes to 8 minutes. I suggest 8 minutes so the potatoes can be smashed up more easily.
- I highly suggest toy slice the chicken so they have the same thickness or some pieces will be raw or you may have to cook for a longer time than necessary.
- The recipe is enough for only two people. If you want leftovers purchase an additional chicken breast and another brioche bun. I also suggest one or two more potatoes and more Brussels Sprouts.
- Gravy will take more than 5 minutes to become thicker. It will probably take about 10 minutes.
- Recipe suggests placing the smash potatoes in the sandwich but my husband didn’t really enjoy that. He preferred having the potatoes on the side with extra gravy on top, lol.
- Scale of 1 to 10 for a Meal regarding taste: 6; with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest.
- Scale of 1 to 10 for an Amazon Meal Kit regarding taste: 6
- Scale of 1 to 10 on level of difficulty: 3; 1 being the easiest and 10 being the most difficult.
- This wasn’t a bad meal but it wasn’t a super star either. It had a bit of taste to it but it isn’t a meal that I would talk about for days. It helped satisfy my hunger and it wasn’t a difficult meal to make. I would repurchase it again due to the easiness of it.