I feel like in another life I was Italian. No I can not make any homemade pasta or toss a pizza in the air effortlessly or at all, I just love pasta. I tried to avoid it at one point in my life to maintain a certain weight but it keeps calling my name and it is so delicious especially cooked right. So when Amazon has a pasta dish with some sort of protein I automatically buy it and devour it with pleasure.
Basic Info about Amazon Boxes:
- Feeds two adults.
- All ingredients are included except the Olive Oil, Vegetable Oil, Salt and Pepper.
- Prices vary between $17 to $22
- Directions are included with picture of the final meal
- Most ingredients are already chopped for you but there are some ingredients that need to be chopped or cut/sliced while something else is cooking.
Now on to my review of the Ricotta Meatballs:
- Cost $18.99
- Net Weight of 2 pounds 4 ounces (1.02 kg)
- Lasts up to 2 to 3 days in the fridge before it expires. Expiration is always on the box.
- Made the dinner between 30 to 45 minutes.
- The recipe calls for 8 to 10 meatballs but I suggest you can actually make about 14 meatballs with the lamb meat mixture. I do not like undercooked meat (not like anyone else does), so the smaller the meatballs, the better they will cook and taste in my opinion.
- As always, the pasta that has been provided is NOT enough. Buy additional rigatoni so you’re feeling satisfied and some left overs for the next day or lunch.
- Scale of 1 to 10 for a Meal regarding taste: 8; with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest.
- Scale of 1 to 10 for an Amazon Meal Kit regarding taste: 8
- Scale of 1 to 10 on level of difficulty: 3; 1 being the easiest and 10 being the most difficult. This was a fairly easy meal to make even for the first time. I feel pasta is generally straight forward. The only part that got me a bit stick is rolling the meatballs. But other than that, it was pretty easy and quick to make.
- I highly recommend this meal because of the taste of the meatballs and the sauce. The side arugula salad adds an extra kick to the meal. I do advise you to purchase more arugula if you like more greens in your meals.