Anything chicken is great, especially when you fry it on the stovetop and be done with it within a few minutes. I love an easy chicken recipe, particularly one that tastes great and with sides that kick ass. Let’s see how I rated this box below.
Basic Info about Amazon Boxes:
- Feeds two adults.
- All ingredients are included except the Olive Oil, Vegetable Oil, Salt and Pepper.
- Prices vary between $17 to $22
- Directions are included with picture of the final meal
- Most ingredients are already chopped for you but there are some ingredients that need to be chopped or cut/sliced while something else is cooking.
Chicken Fried Chicken with Farmhouse Potato Salad & Red Cabbage Slaw:
- Cost: $18.99.
- Net Weight of 2 pounds 13 ounces.
- Lasts up to 2 to 3 days in the fridge before it expires. Expiration is always on the box.
- Made the dinner between 30 to 45 minutes.
- Chicken breasts were pretty small. I suggest you purchase an extra breast for a more filling meal or for left overs.
- Need to use additional tablespoon of flour in your pantry if you are purchasing additional chicken
- Would suggest buying two to four more red potatoes. I felt the potato salad was a bit rich with the sauce and if I had added additional potatoes, it would mix better.
- Buy an additional packet of a coleslaw mix. I would add about a handful more into the Red Cabbage Slaw since the mix was a lot and made the red cabbage less crunchy than I would have liked.
- Only received 2 radishes in the box but I would add an additional radish.
- Scale of 1 to 10 for a Meal regarding taste: 7; with 2 being the lowest and 10 being the highest. The potato salad was tasty and the red cabbage slaw was a favorite of my husband’s.
- Scale of 1 to 10 for an Amazon Meal Kit regarding taste: 8
- Scale of 1 to 10 on level of difficulty: 4; 1 being the easiest and 10 being the most difficult. There are a lot of steps but after making it more than two times, it got easier to make.
Overall, I recommend this meal kit recipe. You do not need to buy additional produce or chicken if you don’t want too. However, if you are wanting a bit of leftovers or additional protein, I would. I don’t eat as much during dinner as I do during the day, so this is filling if you are a light dinner eater. However, if you are ravenous during dinner time, I highly recommend an additional chicken breast or two.