On my never-ending quest for beautiful clear skin with limited to no foundation, I stumbled upon a beautiful phenomenon called Rose Water. I didn’t realize you could distract water from Roses, but I guess it would make sense since many things in nature are made up of H2O.
What is Rose Water? Rose water can be made when you mix rose oil with water through the process of steaming distillation. Dried or fresh waters can be used to extract the water from them through the steaming process. Mostly the Bulgarian Rosa Damascena Rose in Bulgaria is used in this process and it is known to be the best for the skin, body and hair. However, many other companies have cultivated their own varieties to use in their products.
Rose water can also be made by mixing distilled water with rose petals. However, this method isn’t as pure and as good as the steaming distillation due to the missing of valuable rose juices.
What are the uses of Rose Water?
- Skin Irritation
- Reduces Skin Redness
- Sore Throat
- Treats infections
- Contains antioxidants
- Helps speed up the process of cuts and wounds
- Helps with hair growth
With my Amazon account and my fast fingers I inquired about several brands and read a load of reviews. I discovered the “Leven Rose” brand and their popular line of Rose Water. It had over 2500 reviews and most were positive. Plus they use the pure steaming distillation process, which is essential in keeping the pure rose juices.
- After I wash my face with two different products, I spray onto my face the Rose Water quite generously.
- I allow the water to dry on my face naturally. It usually takes about 1 to 2 minutes to dry completely on my face before I add an additional product on my face. This allows my skin to absorb all the nutrients from the Rose Water.
- If you add additional product onto your face before it dries, it will not be as effective.
- I use the Rose Water morning and evening.
- Has a slight smell but it is pleasant
- Clear substance
- Has helped with acne scars by decreasing them over time. It takes time so do not expect this to work over night; you need to be consistent
- Helps with open wounds on my face developed from picking at my face and has soothed my skin significantly
- Quickly heals open wounds within a few days (I estimate between 3 to 5 days if used consistently and correctly).
- Keeps pimples at bay but you may need something stronger for cystic acne
- Overall helped clear my skin and created an even skin tone. I do not use any foundation on a day to day basis.
Information about the Leven Rose Rose Water:
- Cost: $13.97 on Amazon for a 4 ounce bottle, which equates to approximately $3.49 per ounce or $00.12 per milliliter
- Bottle lasts about 1 to 2 months if used daily, twice a day
- Suggested storage is in the refrigerator but I place it in the medicine cabinet
- Bottle is glass and included with a spray pump
- Great customer service from the company if there are any concerns
I absolutely love my Rose Water from Leven Rose. I do recommend to always test the product on your hands and wait 15 to 20 minutes for any allergic reactions. If none occur, then I would start on another part of your body before you generously spray on your face. You never know if you’ll react to it in a good way or a bad way and I wouldn’t recommend messing up your face by doing the test there first.
Overall, this company is great and the product arrived really quickly. They always send a follow-up email asking if you liked the product and if there is anything they can help you with. I have had this product for a year now and I have no complaints. Now, if I can only combat these cystic acne issue that I have once and for all. But in the mean time, go and smell the Rose Water baby! – Peace and Love
Read my other beauty/skin reviews below: