There was a point this summer where I attempted to go Vegetarian. Okay, I did not really attempt because it was only in my mind and I spoke about it for a week. Once I saw a piece of steak or a nice piece of salmon, my mind couldn’t take it and the vegetarian phase was quickly squashed. However, I did attempt one vegetarian meal from the Amazon Meal Kit: Thai Yellow Curry with Tofu, Vegetables & Jasmine Rice.
Basic Info about Amazon Boxes:
- Feeds two adults.
- All ingredients are included except the Olive Oil, Vegetable Oil, Salt and Pepper.
- Prices vary between $17 to $22
- Directions are included with picture of the final meal
- Most ingredients are already chopped for you but there are some ingredients that need to be chopped or cut/sliced while something else is cooking.
Now on to my review of the Thai Yellow Curry with Tofu, Vegetables & Jasmine Rice:
- Cost: $17.99.
- Net Weight of 3 pounds 1 ounce.
- Lasts up to 2 to 3 days in the fridge before it expires. Expiration is always on the box.
- Made the dinner between 30 to 45 minutes.
- Tofu was already pre-sliced so you only needed to break up the tofu gently with your fingers.
- Rice needed more time to cook due to some pieces being undercooked.
- Buy additional cilantro for added flavor.
- Instead of “light” coconut mix, I would swap it out for regular coconut mix for added flavor.
- Scale of 1 to 10 for a Meal regarding taste: 1; with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest. The taste was extremely bland and I realized I dislike tofu after not eating it all these years.
- Scale of 1 to 10 for an Amazon Meal Kit regarding taste: 1
- Scale of 1 to 10 on level of difficulty: 3; 1 being the easiest and 10 being the most difficult. Was not a difficult meal to make if you follow the steps.
- I only tried this meal once but once was enough. I do not recommend this meal if you’re a meat eater or someone who likes authentic Thai food. The taste was very watery and lacked any flavor. It was not to my liking and I would not try this meal again.
Read My Other Reviews Below: