Are you the type that tends to gravitate towards people who are in constant need of help? Are you the type who rises above every challenge and tries your best to solve every situation with a solution? Do you ever find yourself exhausted and overwhelmed by everyone and their own personal needs? If your answer is “yes” then you need to reevaluate how you are to other people but especially to yourself.
Being a self less person is exhausting in and of itself. However, it can be more damaging when you are giving to people who consistently demand it from you without thinking of your own well-being. These people or circumstances can have a damaging effect on your psyche and your sense of self-worth.
You may begin to experience that your happiness is not as important as theirs, or you may simply start to neglect your own needs to help maintain theirs. You start to lose the balance you once had and are now on a downward spiral of “looking out for others” only.
We must first examine why we do these things. We must look within ourselves and find out what is the root of this and how we got here in the first place. We must look inward and examine the deep buried secrets that we have chosen to ignore time and time again. We must be first honest with ourselves about who we are as a person and what makes us tick.
It all begins in examining the choices we have made along the way and the patterns that have been emerging time and time again. Are you repeating the same behaviors that have gotten you here? Are you resisting change when you know change is good for you? Are you holding onto past events that no longer suit you? Are you allowing the thoughts and words of others about you define you?
Let me first help you realign yourself to the higher good.
- Ask the Universe a question about yourself and how you can overcome your negative thoughts.
- Close your eyes and breathe a huge sigh of relief.
- Now keep breathing in and out until you become truly in a relaxed state.
- If you need to, add some meditation music.
- Keep breathing and allow the thoughts to flow in and out of you.
- Don’t resist anything and let go of everything at the same time; meaning allow your thoughts to come to you and then release but don’t resist the thoughts.
- Eventually your mind will clear (probably within a few minutes to 10 minutes depending on how resistant you are), and your body will soon relax.
- The Universe will begin answering you in some way shape or form. The Universe will begin to help guide you back to helping yourself. Trust in it and believe in it.
- I advise to meditate at least 20 minutes a day to help you realign to your true self.
We never want to let go completely and lose ourselves in other people’s issues because eventually they become ours. We must maintain our sense of self worth while still helping others to gravitate towards a higher power. If others in your life can not move past their own issues, then you need to reevaluate if you really want this person in your life or not. Your happiness is just as important as everybody else’s! – Peace and Love