Basic Info about Amazon Boxes:
- Feeds two adults.
- All ingredients are included except the Olive Oil, Vegetable Oil, Salt and Pepper.
- Prices vary between $17 to $22
- Directions are included with picture of the final meal
- Most ingredients are already chopped for you but there are some ingredients that need to be chopped or cut/sliced while something else is cooking.
Now on to my review of the Lamb Ragu with Ricotta, Mint & Casarecce Pasta:
- Cost $18.99
- Net Weight of about 2 pounds
- Lasts up to 2 to 3 days in the fridge before it expires. Expiration is always on the box.
- Made the dinner between 30 to 45 minutes.
- Meat net weight was less than 1 pound. I suggest you purchase an additional package of meat at the nearest supermarket if you need more protein and/or left overs.
- The pasta that is included is NOT enough for two people. Maybe two people who do not eat as much or on strict minimalistic diet, then ok. But for two people who love food and feeling satisfied, I suggest you supplement the pasta with 2/3 packet of a 16 ounce/1 pound package of Penne Pasta. If you use 2/3 of the packet you will have a nice lunch for the next day. I love leftovers!
- The sour cream is enough for the meal but if you want to add that nice texture and taste to your lunch meal, buy an additional small container of sour cream.
- The recipe includes Roasted Yellow Tomatoes and Roasted Red Tomatoes. I also suggest you purchase additional tomatoes, about 1 tablespoon more.
- The recipe does not tell you to chop the Roasted Yellow Tomatoes, but I think you should if you do not like eating a chunky amount of tomatoes in your mouth at the same time.
- The sauce does take about 10 minutes to form into a nice texture for the pasta.
- Scale of 1 to 10 for a Meal regarding taste: 9; with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest.
- Scale of 1 to 10 for an Amazon Meal Kit regarding taste: 10
- Scale of 1 to 10 on level of difficulty: 3; 1 being the easiest and 10 being the most difficult.
- This meal is absolutely delicious and easy to make. It is one of my favorites and I hope they bring this back. My only gripe is the amount of pasta that is included. Come on Amazon, we are hungry people that need to feel full!
Please read my other reviews on the Amazon Meal Kit: