Life gets busy and sometimes I find it difficult to whip up a meal. Okay, I lie, I struggle with finding a decent meal to make because I am not Martha Stewart or Rachel Ray. I can not even say that I am a decent cook. I am more like, “let me browse through Pinterest and find something easy to make that looks good”. Yep, that’s more like the truth.
With that in mind, I have discovered a treasure: Amazon Meal Kits sold at an Amazon Go location. There are three Amazon Go locations in the city, New York City that is: 1) Midtown Manhattan on Park Ave and 2) Financial District and 3) On 53rd St and 2nd Avenue.
Basic Info about Amazon Boxes:
- Feeds two adults.
- All ingredients are included except the Olive Oil, Vegetable Oil, Salt and Pepper.
- Prices vary between $17 to $22
- Directions are included with picture of the final meal
- Most ingredients are already chopped for you but there are some ingredients that need to be chopped or cut/sliced while something else is cooking.
Now on to my review of the Chicken Piccata:
- Cost $17.99
- Net Weight of 2 pounds/14 ounces.
- Lasts up to 2 to 3 days in the fridge before it expires. Expiration is always on the box.
- Made the dinner between 30 to 45 minutes because I am slooooow.
- Chicken net weight was 0.63 pounds. I suggest you purchase an additional package of chicken at the nearest supermarket if you need more protein and/or left overs.
- Extremely small packet of Gemelli Pasta that would only feed one person. I suggest you purchase Penne pasta and use about 2/3 of a 16 ounce /1 pound packet. You will have enough to eat with additional left overs.
- Packet of “Spiced Flour Blend” was very minimal but just enough to coat all the chicken. It did not leave room for any spillage of the flour and I was struggling to coat the last piece of chicken. Add a tablespoon more of flour, add salt and pepper and mix it with the “Spiced Flour Blend”.
- The Panko was enough but you may want to add another tablespoon, particularly if you are adding additional chicken.
- The sauce took longer than 9 minutes to create a creamy texture. I suggest about 15 minutes.
- The recipe called to cook the chicken 2 minutes on both sides. I suggest 3 minutes on both sides so you are not eating raw chicken.
- Scale of 1 to 10 for a Meal regarding taste: 7; with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest.
- Scale of 1 to 10 for an Amazon Meal Kit regarding taste: 8
- Scale of 1 to 10 on level of difficulty: 5; 1 being the easiest and 10 being the most difficult. I give this meal a 5 due to the amount of dishes I had to wash. Overall, if I had to only use 2 pans I would bump it down to a 3.
- Have purchased this twice already so I highly suggest purchasing but I also think you should buy additional chicken and pasta to make this a more fulfilling meal.