OMG. I feel like I have in a never ending battle with my chin. If love was a battlefield it would be between me and my acne sprouting up on my chin every damn day. Is this what happens when you reach a certain again and you revert back to being a teenager? Shit, my face was never great to begin with when it comes to acne, but I feel like it has become worse since I have been itching towards the BIG 4-0.
While research what was happening to my face, I discovered that I may be going through hormonal changes in my body (why God, why?) and the area that is most affected is the chin area (zoom closeup please). I researched and researched and determine that Tea Tree ingredient helps with cystic acne. Huh? What? Tea Tree? At this point I really didn’t give a shit what it was, I just wanted something that would work. I am not here to bore you on what it is and what it does but if you want to read about tea tree oil, just click on the highlighted link.
After much frustration I finally opened up my Amazon app and ordered the Tea Tree Essential Oil on August 27th, 2019. I read the reviews and was willing to give it a try.
- The cost was $14.95 for 1 fl. oz. bottle/30 mL, that is a unit price of $00.50 per mL.
- The applicator is an eye dropper.
- Unpleasant odor (as per my husband) but I actually do not mind it.
- Stings like hell, so do NOT rub it all over your face.
- Test a tiny drop on her hand before hand. Wait 5 to 10 minutes and you will notice it will sting right away and redness will appear.
- You can dilute it with water or a moisturizer to decrease the redness. I, however, like it straight up.
- You only need a tiny amount. I suggest you place a drop on your clean fingertip and dab on the area that needs treatment.
- Do NOT rub on skin but dab lightly since acne can and will spread to other areas if you rub.
- Apply at night due to the smell and the redness that can/will occur.
- Your face will peel if you have sensitive skin. I honestly think it will peel regardless because it is so strong.
- I am halfway through the bottle (it is October 15, 2019) and I use it daily on my chin and other spots if I feel a pimple may pop up.
Does it work? Yes! But it stings like hell and it has helped to reduce the flareups that I have been getting. I also have a shorter recovery time when a pimple does pop up. Usually, mine would lasts weeks but the most one has last was a week or a few days, depending on how much I do or do not pick at it (lol, I know it’s terrible!). Again, I do not recommend spreading it all over your face. The brand, Pure Body Naturals, has a strong formula in their Tea Tree Essential Oil that will burn your skin and create an overall redness to your skin that you do not want. It is best to use at night and only as a spot treatment!
I hope I have helped anyone experiencing flare ups with their cystic acne. Good luck with combatting these annoying little boogers and let’s all get happy getting old and hormonal! – Peace and Love
Read my other beauty/skin reviews below:
- Pore Vacuum Cleaner: Lonove
- Stila versus Maybelline Eye Liner
- Benetint Lip & Cheek Stain
- Tree Activ Cystic Acne Spot Treatment
I want to remind everyone that this is not a bias review and I do not get paid for any of this. I believe in honesty and will always give my best opinion on what works and what doesn’t work for me 🙂