One thing I love, is easy breezy clean makeup. Sorry all you makeup gurus and artists, but I seriously do not have the time, money to spend, and the skin to put all that stuff on my face.
While watching these tutorials I give up after two minutes because of the amount of time it takes to even put foundation on (and what goes on before)! Also, the amount of money? I don’t have it. Plus, every MUA’s skin looks flawless. How? I put on a smudge of BB cream and my face breaks out. Maybe it’s just me, or maybe I am just like you, who really do not want to walk into the world looking like I stepped out of a halloween show.
On my quest for natural looking makeup that would stay on practically all day I happened upon the Benefit brand. I honestly do not use anything else besides the highlighter and the tint. Here, I will talk about the Benetint Lip and Cheek Stain.
- Size: 6.0 mL / 0.2 US fl. oz. They used to have a different size (see above) that was larger but cheaper in unit price (10 mL/0.33 US fl.oz. $22: $2.20 per mL) and the applicator was similar to a paint brush.
- Cost: $18 ($3 per mL). More expensive per unit price.
- Applicator is similar to a lip gloss applicator.
- Glides on smoothly but need to brush access tint off into the bottle before applying since you do not need much.
- Using your fingertips, pat on cheeks, lips, or eye lips. I generally place the stain on my cheeks on a daily basis and I use a makeup sponge since I do not want to taint my skin with the red/pink color.
- All day wear delivering a natural glow. I may have to reapply after a few hours but it is not necessary.
- One bottle generally can last me about 2 to 3 months and I use Benetint every day. Remember, you do not need much to create a natural rosy glow.
Overall, I love this tint. It has been my staple for years and I will never wear regular blush without it (I do place blush on top if I am heading out for a night out). Everyday you’ll see me dab a bit on my cheeks and step out the door with my eyeliner. It’s enough to make me feel and look young and refreshed.
My only gripe is the size of the bottle and the new price tag. A difference of 4.0 ML and a price difference of $4 is a 40% difference in size and about 18% difference in price. If you are going to vastly change the size of the bottle, I expect you to charge me less, but as marketing/advertising/and making money goes, those are the brakes. Do I still find it worthwhile? Absolutely! Because the texture has stayed the same and the applicator has also improved the application process, making less tint being wasted and landing on the sink or on my clothes.
I suggest you stock up because you’ll never know when they may change the size and still charge almost the same price! – Peace and Love
Read my other beauty/skin reviews below: