As a reform beauty junkie, I am currently trying to save money and focusing on only the items that truly work for my skin. I am over trying different products and throwing money down the drain hoping to fix some supposedly imperfection that I have. This leads me on my review on the best eye liner so far.
I started wearing makeup in college and I got obsessed with the “cat eye” trend and I am currently still rocking it but with less flare. I am currently 39 years old (turning 40 in December, yay!) and I have finally figured out what best eye liner works best for me and hopefully for you too.
In college I discovered the Maybelline Ultra Liner (waterproof). Used it without fail and has always been relatively inexpensive.
- Inexpensive: $4.99 to $10.99 depending on where you purchase. The link I provided is $4.99.
- Lasts a long time: Up to 6 to 8 hours on my oily lids
- Smudge proof
- Washes off with facial cleanser
- Does not irritate eyes
- Can wear while swimming
- Easy Application with small fine tip
- Do not have to purchase frequently. With daily use, one 0.25 FL OZ. can last a few months.
- Need to be standing upright in medicine cabinet or will clump.
- May need to apply after 6 hours
- Can get clumpy
- If you”cry it out” you may have to reapply
As I have gotten older, I turned to the idea that “what costs more and what is trendy is better” mentality. So with that idea in mind I was advised that Stila Stay All Day WaterProof Eye Liner was the way to go. This began when I was in my mid 30’s. I liked it for the most part.
- Easily application
- Can be bought at any Sephora
- Can be placed flat or standing upright
- Long lasting wear: up to 6 to 8 hours
- Can “cry it out” and most of it will still be there
- Expensive: $22 for 0.016 OZ.
- Lasts up to 2 to 3 months
- If you have oily skin, you will get raccoon eyes particularly in the summer
- If you are trying to create a “cat’s eye” look, the ends never stay on if you have oily skin
So which product do I recommend? Well recently I have gone back to the Maybelline Ultra Liner because it has never really failed me. I don’t need an expensive brand to look “hot to trot” and I actually save $$ in the long run. If something works, don’t fix it and why try to find something else when you have something that already works?! So love you Stila brand, but I am gonna go with my pharmacy bought eyeliner. – Peace and Love
Read my other beauty/skin reviews below: